Amazon is known to focus a lot on behavioral questions and their Leadership Principles. Hence be well-prepared in the non-technical aspects too. Refer to the official Amazon Interview Preparation Guide for Software Development Engineer.
- What is the CSS box model?
- What happens when you type URL into a browser and hit enter?
- Given an object and a filter function, write a function that recursively filters the object, returning only values which return
truewhen called with the filter function (like
Array.prototype.filterbut for objects).
- Implement a function
getElementsByStyle(property, value)that returns all elements in the DOM that match that style.
getElementsByStyle("color", "#fff")will return all elements in the DOM with white text.
- Practice question on GreatFrontEnd (Paid)
- Promisify a function.
User interface coding
- Implement Material UI Chips with auto-suggest. When sending an e-mail, auto-suggest people and convert them into a chip with their avatar on the right
- Implement a Like button. Source
- Code a paginated widget of addresses. Imagine you are a seller with a list of address you ship to an need to view them 5 address per page, with the possibility to go previous and next. Source
- Implement a star rating widget.
- Implement tic-tac-toe.
- Recreate an adaptive layout with flexbox. Ensure accessibility.
- Implement a chess board with movable pieces.
- How do you render text on a banner image?
- Render a directory tree given a nested JSON object.
- Design a restaurant listing application where user can make orders and customize their orders by adding additional stuffs like toppings, salads etc. Source
- Design an accordion component.
Amazon does have rounds evaluating your Computer Science fundamentals by asking LeetCode-style questions. Do be prepared for them.