Amazon front end interview questions
We are now part of GreatFrontEnd!
Front End Interview Handbook is now part of GreatFrontEnd! We are working to migrate the content over and you may find the latest version of this page on GreatFrontEnd.
Amazon is known to focus a lot on behavioral questions and their Leadership Principles. Hence be well-prepared in the non-technical aspects too. Refer to the official Amazon Interview Preparation Guide for Software Development Engineer.
- What is the CSS box model?
- What happens when you type URL into a browser and hit enter?
- Given an object and a filter function, write a function that recursively filters the object, returning only values which return
truewhen called with the filter function (like
Array.prototype.filterbut for objects).
- Implement a function
getElementsByStyle(property, value)that returns all elements in the DOM that match that style.
getElementsByStyle("color", "#fff")will return all elements in the DOM with white text.
- Practice question on GreatFrontEnd (Paid)
- Promisify a function.
User interface coding
- Implement Material UI Chips with auto-suggest. When sending an e-mail, auto-suggest people and convert them into a chip with their avatar on the right
- Implement a Like button. Source
- Code a paginated widget of addresses. Imagine you are a seller with a list of address you ship to an need to view them 5 address per page, with the possibility to go previous and next. Source
- Implement a star rating widget.
- Implement tic-tac-toe.
- Recreate an adaptive layout with flexbox. Ensure accessibility.
- Implement a chess board with movable pieces.
- How do you render text on a banner image?
- Render a directory tree given a nested JSON object.
- Design a restaurant listing application where user can make orders and customize their orders by adding additional stuffs like toppings, salads etc. Source
- Design an accordion component.
Amazon does have rounds evaluating your Computer Science fundamentals by asking LeetCode-style questions. Do be prepared for them.
Source: Glassdoor Amazon Front End Engineer Interview Questions